Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Music and Theatre Create?

A New Hobby!

Oliver Twist The Musical


(Displays Fagin's Thieves singing, I'd Do Anything featuring Nancy in the musical OLIVER)

Recently I have auditioned for an extra in the play Oliver, Oliver Twist, in my hometown highschool musical. The three parts that I casted for were those of children's crew because of my size, obviously.. I am pretty short, well depends on what you would call short. 5'2 and 1/2 is my height exactly. The parts that I cast were Fagin's thieves, an orphan theif who picks people's pockets and and gives the riches to Fagin, a man who exchanges the dowry for an orphan's place to stay, with the numbers "Pick a Pocket or Two," "It's a Fine Life," "Be Back Soon," and some others which I am probably blanking on at this moment. Workhouse, also with orphan that forces the children to work which features a number called "Food Glorious Food" a glorious song on the imaginitave joys of food while starving orphan's only eat gruel: and oatmeal style substance. And also, I caught a part in a bridge scene as a daughter, "GIRL #1". How glamorous, yes? Though, I am pretty satisfied with my casted glories.

For my nerve racking auditioned I must confess I was intimidated by the beautiful girls who sing such intense songs like "Popular" from Wicked which is way too Soprano, high pitched for the none vocalists, and fast for my toungue. I chose one decent song, maybe unknown, called "Put on your Sunday Clothes" from the musical Hello Dolly which I saw in a children-teen version of in the local Performing Arts Center. But the song was also featured in Wall-E. How childish am I, to even know that? Ha, well that was it. But I managed to fail my dance audition, while my face was encroached with fear mixed with forced laughter in order to buy my way in with my additude.

We still have got more practices to continue. Rehearsal after rehearsal. But, aside fashion there's also a passion for acting, or maybe it's just public speaking in plays, musicals, and shows of some sort. Is this passion for acting, or public speaking just the teen dreams I have in me from watcing all the teen stars on Disney Channel speak boldly as their managers hoax them into doing recycle commercials, or just my teen angst, or whatever you call it? Whatever it is, Oliver has been fun for what I have been doing so far. The musical theatre portion of it has become one of my hobbies at the moment for many friends have been made, not to mention the tired accomplished feeling after every rehearsal. And with that note, a short blog on my new hobby, musical theatre, I bid you goodnight.

Until next time,
Anjani the Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me what you think.