I feel really sad for the school systems.
First, I have to say that I am a student. And...
As much as we all say we hate school, we, kids, would actually hate it to go.
I have Spring Break coming up and let's face that we all needed the break. But four more furlough days of no working, no education? Really? I understand the budget is "in a pickle" (read introduction blog for inside joke) but what are children going to reason to in the US if every year there is more and more furlough days? The days where we learn nothing, do nothing, and can't do anything about it are the ones that will harm us the most.
My school, has been starting this new thing where for every after school detention you receive, you have the pleasure of walking around the whole school and pick up trash. Is this a coincidence that the week before this my mom had forwarded me an email from my unified school district saying to save money, the District won't clean the campuses everyday, music and arts are taken 'hostage' and for all that we know, they will take more and more subjects away. As much as my superintendent "hates" to say it, the school district is coming to a fail as the fun and exciting subject in school come to a close, and furlough days are taking over the school year. As a student I have the right to say that I'm scared for the school and not to be selfish, but for me. What will happen when I get to college? By that year will my knowledge be so poor from the budget cuts and "vacation days" that I won't succeed? We might not care right now, but all my dreams ever were to be successful and not to be a hobo for all that it matters. Is my education at stake or did I just happen to be the unlucky generation. Well there's no solve to this, yet.
Until next Time,
Anjani the Optimist.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think there ought to be a way out of this state and schoo budget crisis! But I must ask what not what your state can do for you but ask what you can do for yourself! (ring a bell?).
ReplyDeleteAnd so you can read more books in the library (spend more time there) to make up for or during the furlows, or be not just a follower but a leader in the community and to yourself by being more self sufficient to achieve your goals in education and life!